Therapy Point is a multidisciplinary clinic focusing on paediatric Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy (Speech Pathology). We are a team of experienced professionals dedicated to working with children in a treatment program tailored to meet their individual needs, and involving families in the process to share in their child's development. We can help to meet the needs of children with difficulties including:
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Speech and Language difficulties (articulation, grammar, literacy, voice)
- Social skill difficulties (making friends, sharing, appropriate language)
- Sensory Integration Dysfunction
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Aspergers Syndrome
- Developmental Delays
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD / ADHD)
- Fine and Gross motor skills
- School readiness
- Emotional difficulties (anger management, depression)
- Self confidence issues
- Parental support / counselling
- Sibling support / counselling
- Diagnostic assessment (Pervasive Developmental Delay - PDD, Autism, PDD- Not otherwise specified, Asperger Syndrome, Social Pragmatic and Behavioural (Oppositional Defiance) disorders
- Support for aide applications
We work closely with parents and relevant others (such as school teachers) in a consultation-based environment, and use a family centred Floortime DIR method. We recognize the importance of an integrative approach, making sure the child's needs are being met at home, at school and in the community.
Therapy Point provides a thorough comprehensive assessment, in-clinic therapy services, home and school visits, home programs, consultations, groups and intensive therapy options. We also offer support to parents and other family members through individual counselling and can link our clients with other service providers such as physiotherapists, psychologists, and paediatricians.
Please contact us with any further queries, or make an appointment for a consultation.