Bentham IMF Limited
Bentham IMF Limited is a listed public company engaged in the investigation, management and funding of litigation and arbitration claims in Australia and other jurisdictions. IMF has been in existence for over 12 years, and provides funding for the litigation of claims with a value of at least $5m or, in the case of arbitration claims, a claim value of at least $10m.
Bentham IMF Limited is an Australian listed public company. Formerly known as IMF (Australia) Ltd, Bentham IMF Limited changed its name to reflect its growing international presence.
Bentham IMF Limited’s principal activities are the investigation, management and funding of litigation and arbitration claims in Australia and worldwide.
Examples of the types of matters which IMF will fund include:
• Commercial/corporate disputes including litigation arising from disputes relating to contracts, intellectual property and allegations of misleading and deceptive conduct
• Claims by insolvency practitioners including claims pursing voidable transactions (uncommercial transactions/related party transactions), insolvent trading and actions arising from misfeasance by company officers
• Examinations conducted by insolvency practitioners
• Class action litigation including securities class actions and class actions arising from cartel behaviour, financial services and product liability
• Domestic and international arbitrations
• Large scale personal injury claims
Bentham IMF Limited is the largest litigation funder in Australia, and the first to be listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.
Services provided by Bentham IMF Limited include:
• Funding for litigation and investigations preliminary to litigation;
• Payment of adverse costs orders;
• Strategic planning, monitoring and managing of litigation;
• Factual investigation; and
• Assistance in facilitating settlements and maximising the value of each claim.
Bentham IMF Limited has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide