Weld Range Metals
Weld Range Metals Limited is an unlisted public company, based in Perth Western Australia. Weld Range Metals holds mining tenements covering the Weld Range layered ultramafic and has a substantial inventory of near surface resources containing nickel, iron, chromium and platinum group metals. Weld Range Metals aim is to build a global business as a supplier of raw materials and beneficiated products to the vast Asian steel industry.
The Weld Range Metals project is located in north west of Yilgarn Craton, 65 km south west of Meekatharra in in Western Australia. The project is 480 km by sealed highway to the port of Geraldton. It lies adjacent to $2 billion DSO hematite project of Sinosteel Mid West at Weld Range. It is also located on route for planned heavy haulage railway connecting Weld Range to proposed Oakajee deep water port. The Weld Range metals project region has a long history of gold mining. Recent discoveries of base metals include De Grussa (Cu-Au) and Mt Mulcahy (Cu).
Weld Range Metals highlights include:
- Weld Range Metals granted mining leases covering the entire Weld Range Complex
- Located in the north-west of Yilgarn Craton in Western Australia
- Large data base
- Exploration Targets: magmatic sulphide deposits containing Nickel (Ni), Copper (Cu), Platinum Group Metals (PGM), Chromium (Cr)
- Large oxide resources: JORC Code Inferred Mineral Resources for Ni and Cr
- Weld Range Metals has signed a mining Agreement signed with Native Title Party